Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What Troy recons: round two

DT Talk is delighted to announce that it has struck an exclusive deal with AFL Dream Team expert Troy. Starting today, the celebrated columnist will bring his insightful comments to the world's best blog about the AFL Dream Team with a green background. Take it away, Troy...

Here are my top 5 things I recon about this weeks DT.
1. I recon that it isn’t healthy that some nights I lose sleep, laying wide awake like a stunned mullet, thinking about who I could trade and or regretting my captain. (thanks a lot Adam Goodes for showing me big fat doughnuts so far this year as my under achieving captain). The one good thing about having Goodes as my captain is that after his score has been doubled, it almost looks respectable on the team sheet.

2. I recon that there are a lot of DT new comers that will be very upset at the end of next week. They will say, "I wish I had understood the trade system better, and then I would have done this ……and……this." While having a good old cry about it. To them, I offer an early plea of "harden the fuck up"

3. I recon before the weeks games you should have a look at the amount of people in the country that have selected Jarrod Brennan. Then, at the start of next lockout, have a look at how great that difference has become. Divide the difference by 100, if your answer is 600 or more, and you are one of these statistics……give yourself an uppercut. I must warn you, I’m bulimic, yes, I can read minds. I know how many DTers are not going to be able to resist Brennan up in the top 5 on the leader board, and at such a bargain price. Yes I must admit, you will be instantly rewarded with a price increase, however, it will be short lived. Rest in peace though, you will not be alone in your disappointment, there will be thousands of DT bargain hunters like yourself, hanging their head in shame wishing for that "precious" trade to be returned. Ps. Ice your lip.

4. I recon that teams have to be punished for late withdrawals. Not only are committed DTers pulling their hair out at the lies being fed to us through the naming of teams, my tote account is screwed.

5. I recon the best thing you can do is follow your gut instinct, don’t listen to friends advice, you cant trust anybody in this game. They, more than likely know something you don’t and are trying to screw you. Have no friends, don’t talk to anybody, just spend the next few months with your team. It is ok to become attached to your players, its bonding and more often than not, it gets the best out of them.

Cheers,
Troy

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have absolutely no problem getting on Jarrod Brennan! He will definately go up in value, there is no question about that. Although I can see where you are coming from, "purchases" like Brennan can free up a lot of money for smart DT coaches. It then begs the question, how many of the "coaches" getting in Brennan are smart DT coaches?

An excellent read Troy. I am looking forward to reading your comments next week.

Anonymous said...

brennan all the way here davies...

Anonymous said...

LOL. Bloody good post, looking forward to your next installment Troy.

tom said...

Top work Troy, you are a man who gets what he wants and wants what he gets.

Next week, please tell us where you're sitting in the DT rankings!

tom said...

Just quickly, why no 'k' in "reckons"?

Anonymous said...

don't reckon bogans can spell "reckon". funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

Who the hell is jess and tom, they have a bit much to say, dont they know who TROY is.....Tit-ed.....

Anonymous said...

These anonymous commenters are worse - at least Jess and Tom have revealed themselves. Keep up the good work Troy.

Anonymous said...

jess and tom do proper afl blogs, as far as i know. they're cool. then, you're cool too tit.

Anonymous said...

Im a amonymous commenter cause i cant be stuffed making an account.....

Anonymous said...

ALLLWWWYYNNNN DAVIES. There's alot of 'cool' people out there reading this stuff. Are they serious? I recon, yep thats it, RECON they are paying too much attention to the BOGAN Troy and should focus on their DT's. They are obviously struggling if they are seeking Troy's advice. Well done Brennan on ya 26pts. - CALVIN