Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sheeds says senore

Another coach bites the dust. As with Neale Daniher, Chris Connolly and Denis Pagan before him, Essendon legend Kevin Sheedy was today lauded for the professional and manner in which he conducted himself at the press conference which announced his "dignified" exit.

It'd be a nice change if some of these blokes went beserk at these things. You know, like Sheeds shattering the desk with the face of the CEO of the club he's coached for 27 years. Like Pagan popping a journo in the eye when he reminds him how successful he was at Arden St. Like Daniher trashing the room and launching into a profanity-riddled tirade against his players in response to a question about all those yo-yo years. Like Connolly taking a leaf out of his star forward's book and mooning the media pack.

Anyway, we've got our hands on a transcript of Sheeds' speech. In one section, he says:

"This decision is directly related to an improvement in my Dream Team form this year. Yep, I'm ripping it. After a couple of seasons languishing in last place, Kev's All-Stars have a real shot at making the eight in my league. I'm therefore retiring to focus all my energy on getting my team into the DT finals. Fuck Jimmy Hird, I'm making Jimmy Bartel captain this week. Oh, and all you Herald Sun journos: SuperCoach sucks the big one."

Chook.

No comments: