Monday, July 30, 2007

The Real JB

Sorry to post this, but a bench player of mine (who has been getting a run since Wirrpanda has been out) had an awesome game on Saturday night...

Troy a couple of months back has this to say about him:

"I recon before the weeks games you should have a look at the amount of people in the country that have selected Jarrod Brennan. Then, at the start of next lockout, have a look at how great that difference has become. Divide the difference by 100, if your answer is 600 or more, and you are one of these statistics……give yourself an uppercut. I must warn you, I’m bulimic, yes, I can read minds. I know how many DTers are not going to be able to resist Brennan up in the top 5 on the leader board, and at such a bargain price. Yes I must admit, you will be instantly rewarded with a price increase, however, it will be short lived. Rest in peace though, you will not be alone in your disappointment, there will be thousands of DT bargain hunters like yourself, hanging their head in shame wishing for that "precious" trade to be returned. Ps. Ice your lip."
Well.. Warnie stuck by the big gun.. and all I've got to say is:

Kicks: 45 pts
Handballs: 0 pts (haha.. good DTing)
Marks: 30 pts
Tackles: 16 pts
Frees Against: -9 pts (oooh...)
Hit Outs: 1 pt
Goals: 42 pts
Behinds: 5 pts (good work, 12 out of 15 kicks were shots at goal)
Thanks to the real JB for 130 fabulous points...

Warnie xx

ps... I wan't some of Troy's insightful words again... they were brilliant! Where are you Troy Boy?!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

One good game does not maketh a DT gun, Warnie.

Don't reckon Brennan will score another 100 this year.

But then maybe I'm just pissed at the lack of depth in my own backline.

Anonymous said...

Haha.. yeah.. I know.. he just excited me... much like the prospect of sending Jim Hird and Kev Sheeds off with a Flag!

Anonymous said...

Last time I checked this was Chooks page, where does Warnie get off just putting whatever he wants on there.....and surely its illegal to just hack into his page and do whatever you want?????

Anonymous said...

Yeah - i agree... Warnie will stop posting stuff... sorry...

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty happy with JB myself - I've stuck by him too (he's in three of my five teams) although I'm not sure why he's "The Real JB" and I'm not ...

I'm quite happy with Warnie posting on here. Much more intelligent than some of the stuff on fanfooty these days. That site's really gone downhill.

Anonymous said...

You're the 'Real Real' JB...

Thanks for your kind words Burto... just helping the great man out.. not wanting to steal any thunder here.. or whatever.. just want this to stay active for him.. (he's the hardest working intern going around)...

I do want Chook to post more - i get excited by his posts... always bring a smile to my face..

Chook said...

It's true Warnie does a lot of stuff that should be deemed illegal, (like supporting the Dons, for one), but posting here ain't one of them.

Warnie's an official member of the DT Talk blog team, and we're honoured to have him.